Guided tour "Neuchâtel à la Belle Epoque"
With a guide to accompany us, we set out to discover the treasures of Neuchâtel's historic quarter. We were pleasantly surprised by this new tour, which features ten unique experiences related to the Belle Époque. This new route offers far more than a conventional guided tour: there is an interactive element, and it is also a learning experience. What did people eat in the Belle Époque period? What games did they play? And how did they dress? The various stages of our tour immersed us in the buoyant spirit of an era of abundant discoveries and inventions – and one which also saw the emergence of tourism. Another highlight: authentic experiences (and some delights for our palates) during our visits to the kiosk in the Place Pury and 'Le Cardinal' brasserie.
Tours possible all year, on request only.
Price: CHF 180.- per guide (max. 20 people per guide).
Duration: 2.30 hours
Languages: English, French, German and Italian.
- Scheduled visits every Saturday at 2 p.m. from mid-April to the end of October (except September 29th). Mandatory reservation at Tourisme neuchâtelois.
- Departure : tourism office
- Duration: 2.30 hours
- Languages : French (from 1 person) or German (from 5 persons)
- Price : Adults CHF 15.- ; Seniors and students CHF 13.- ; Accompanied children up to age 16: free of charge.
Good to know
- The guided tour takes place on foot.
- Other products: self-guided tour "Neuchâtel à la belle époque" and paper chase "Les Chenapans".
DownloadItinerary Proposal for the guided tour | PDF, 488 kB
Hôtel des Postes
T. +41 (0) 32 889 68 90