"Here we are. It’s done! I’ve finally taken up the challenge and conquered the 15-20% sections of this magnificent climb through the woods and far away from traffic. After 1 hour 16 minutes and 17 seconds it’s time for some replenishment! Now my challenge is to resist the plate of dried meat this charming farm restaurant serves up."
NEUCHALLENGE is free and primarily designed for cycling enthusiasts; however, it will also appeal to runners as well as to cross-country or downhill skiers practicing their sports on roller skis in the summer.
From 30 March 2018, timekeeping points will be installed on the region’s most scenic mountain passes over a period of 6 to 7 weeks.
These automatically timed ascents enable participants to set their personal reference times and to compare themselves with other participants. It’s easy: pick up a membership card (available at the start), fill it out, stamp it at the initial timekeeping point, tackle the climb and stamp again at the arrival. A ranking will then be available at www.neuchallenge.ch
- Chaumont challenge (Pierre-à-Bot – Chaumont): 30 March – 8 May
- Som Martel challenge (Le Locle – La Sagne NE): 10 May – 27 June
- Martel-Dernier challenge (Travers – Les Ponts-de-Martel): 29 June – 8 August
- Tête de Ran challenge (Les Hauts-Geneveys – Les Gümmenen): 10 August – 26 September
- Lignières challenge (Cressier – Lignières): 28 September – 18 November
For complete information and rankings go to www.neuchallenge.ch
Hôtel des Postes
T. +41 (0) 32 889 68 90