Biking in La Chaux-de-Fonds!
“I arrived at La Chaux-de-Fonds train station and wanted to get around the town quickly without losing too much time. And so I was recommended to hire a bike for the day! As a student, the price was very affordable! I headed off to the International Museum of Horology. After a pleasant visit, I pedalled on to the Espacité Tower which offers magnificent views across the town from the top. I then continued on to the zoological garden at the Bois du Petit Château forest where I saw otters, lynxes, bears and other animals. Before heading back, I took advantage of my bike to explore the roads in search of some of Le Corbusier’s more famous creations – and a bite to eat. After all, I had earned it after all that exercise!”
La Chaux-de-Fondsroule operates a ‘Velospot’ system for gentle mobility. 15 stations have been installed in the town of La Chaux-de-Fonds comprising a fleet of 75 bikes. The principle for the user is simple: the bikes are accessible 24 hours a day all year round except in winter. Users need a season ticket to take advantage of the service.
The bikes are available to customers 24 hours a day, 7 days a week from 1 April to 31 October, depending on the weather.
Velospot season tickets can be purchased online or from the following points of sale:
- Tourisme neuchâtelois, Espacité 1
- Espace de l'Urbanisme horloger, Rue Jaquet-Droz 23
- Caisse communale, Rue de la Serre 23
- TransN, Place de la Gare
Conditions of hire
- Valid ID must be presented and a contract completed
- The flat rate selected must be paid (CHF 2.- / bike for 4 hours or CHF 6.- / bike for the day) along with a deposit of CHF 20 per bike (euros accepted)
- Bikes must be returned before closing time, after which point the deposit will not be returned.
- An annual pass is available for CHF 40.- for the town of La Chaux-de-Fonds or a silver season ticket of CHF 90.-for use of bikes in Neuchâtel, La Chaux-de-Fonds, Le Locle and Biel / Bienne.
Tourisme neuchâtelois - Montagnes
2300 La Chaux-de-Fonds
T. +41 (0) 32 889 68 95