Hôtel de Ville, Le Locle
"It was by chance that I discovered a quite special building on the webcam of Le Locle. Just out of curiosity, I decided to go and have a look. The beautiful building is nothing other but the Hôtel de Ville, the town hall, built with limestone from the Jura. At the entrance, a brochure tells me that different architectural styles are combined in perfect harmony: neo-renaissance, Heimatstil, and art nouveau. I go in, and after handing in my ID card, the kind secretary lets me have the key to three halls: the wedding hall, the communal council hall, and the general council hall. Situated right in the centre of Le Locle, the Hôtel de Ville and its gardens add a charming and colourful touch to the old town."
Three halls at the Hôtel de Ville are open to the public.
- Wedding hall: ground floor
- Communal council hall: 1st floor
- General council hall: 2nd floor
At the office for promotion and culture, a key to the three halls is given to visitors who hand in an ID card.
From Monday to Friday: 8 – 11.30 h and 13.45 – 16.30 h
Good to know
- A free information brochure is available in English, French, and German.
- For guided visits for groups and schools, please contact the Service de l'Urbanisme at T. +41 (0) 32 933 84 32
Ville du Locle
Service de l'Urbanisme
Case postale 656
2400 Le Locle
T. +41 (0) 32 933 84 59
T. +41 (0) 32 933 84 80