“The sun is shining brightly and, as a taster, our ascent to Chaumont on board a colourful funicular gives us a glimpse of the landscape we’re about to discover. At the top, there’s a footbridge to the stairs that climb to the top of the tower. My wife has an attack of vertigo when she sees the tower that matches the pines in height. But emboldened by the prospect of a splendid view, she follows me up the stairs. The view over the three lakes of Neuchâtel, Biel and Murten is stunning. The weather is clear and we can also see the chain of the Alps in the distance. A superb spectacle that fills us with delight.”
Hanspeter, 62 years old
Altitude at signal de Chaumont: 1178 m
Altitude at top of Chaumont Panoramic Tower: 1087 m
Entry charge for panoramic tower: CHF 1.- (turnstile)
By car: approx 15 minutes from centre of Neuchâtel
By funicular: 10 minutes from La Coudre station
Good to know
- Play area for children at top of funicular.
- Topeka Ranch offers horse and pony rides and pony and trap rides (on request)
- From Chaumont, the Sentier du Temps (4.5 km) takes you through the main points of life’s evolution on earth with its 17 sculptures.
- Adventure Park situated a few steps from the funicular.
- Freeride MTB Tail for fans of downhill racing.
Hôtel des Postes
T. +41 (0)32 889 68 90