History Museum, La Chaux-de-Fonds
"On arriving at the museums park, we were quickly surprised by building towering up at the centre of the park. A truly grand residence awaited, opening its doors to us. The museum has just been comprehensively renovated. We moved from one room to the next, exploring the history of the town and the region in a range of ways. Objects, videos and photos were on display and enabled us to understand the town and its inhabitants. An entire room was dedicated to Le Corbusier. Children could also enjoy their own visit and set off at their own pace to discover the 4 floors of the museum. And the exhibitions were translated into English and German - an excellent surprise for the foreign friends who accompanied us."
Tuesday to Sunday: 10 a.m. - 5 p.m.£
Special opening on Easter and Whit Monday.
Closed: 24-25.12, 31.12 and 01.01.
Adults: CHF 10.00
Students, apprentices, seniors: CHF 7.00
Children up to 16: Free
Public schools of the canton : free
On Sunday from 10 a.m. to 12 a.m.: Free
Combined ticket 3 days / 3 museums
M. of History, Clock-macking M., M. of fine arts (La Chaux-de-Fonds)
- Adults: CHF 15. -
- Students, seniors, AVS: CHF 12. 50
Good to know
- The reception offers a notebook in addition to many other activities in the rooms of the museum to accompany the children from 6 years in the discovery of the museum.
- The texts of the exhibitions (French, German and English) are also available at the reception in Italian, Portuguese, Spanish, Turkish and Esperanto.
- Guided tour on request (max. 20 people per guide)
- Price : CHF 110.-
- For classes : CHF 60.-, on weekdays only
- Duration: 1 hour
- Language: French, English, German and Italien.
Rue des Musées 31
2300 La Chaux-de-Fonds
T. +41 (0) 32 967 60 88