Le Centre Horloger, Neuchâtel
"I've always wanted to know more about the watchmaking world, so I contacted Neuchâtel tourism to participate in a workshop to build my own mechanical watch. I found the Centre Horloger's offer really fascinating and original. On the day of the workshop, I was welcomed by the workshop owner, who first started with a theoretical introduction. He explained the specific vocabulary of the tools and components used for the assembly of a watch. I was then able to start building my own pocket watch with a skeleton movement. I really appreciated this fun watchmaking experience!
The Centre Horloger is a training center, offering a variety of training courses and workshops which open the door to the fascinating world of watchmaking. In particular, the Centre Horloger features an introduction of one hour to discover the insides and learn about the functioning of a watch with a mechanical movement. For people who would like to have a more in-depth experience of the art of watchmaking, the Centre Horloger offers a workshop of 3 hours given by a professional of the industry, where the participants assemble and take home a pocket or wrist watch with a skeleton movement.
Initiation to the functioning of a watch with a mechanical movement
Theoretical introduction, dismantling and assembling of the movement's components.
Duration: 1 hour
Price 2017: CHF 135.- / person
Assemble your own watch – pocket watch or wrist watch – with a skeleton movement
Duration: 3 hours
- Wristwatch "Choisi": CHF 1'990.- / person (box included)
- Wristwatch with skeleton movement: CHF 1'450.- / person
- Pocket watch with skeleton movement: CHF 1'030.- / person
- Automatic Chronograph watch : CHF 2’450.- /person
- Additional option: you can assemble a complete movement (only with a manual movement) : price on request
- Possibility to purchase a box CHF 30.-
Good to know
- Languages: French and Hungarian. Price supplement with translator: German and English
- Number of people: 1 – 4 people
- Only on request (no workshop on Sunday)
Tourisme neuchâtelois – Montagnes
2302 La Chaux-de-Fonds
T. +41 (0) 32 889 68 95